– Attending the House Beautiful awards and bringing home the gold for bluebellgray – such a proud moment.
– Christmas decorations on Carnaby Street.
– The shoppers amusement park that is Liberty.
– Creating a wishlist of all the gorgeous jewellery at Monica Vinader and coming home with a gorgeous engraved Thankfifi bracelet. Surely I should own more? They were made for stacking after all…
– Catching up with my gorgeous blogger friend MB of The Elgin Avenue and her sweet sister.
– Crossing a visit to Somerset House off my bucket list. I hope to return of course and also hope to see some fashion shows or at least get to skate that gorgeous rink with the husband, how romantic.
– Indulging the artist in me with a look round the dark and enchanting Paul Benney exhition.
– Checking in online in enough time to discover my flight home was not from the airport I thought.
– British Airways. 23kg shoe allowance, a complimentary g&t and 2 handbags thank you very much.
– Finishing work at 3pm and catching a flight at 4.10pm which lands at 5.30pm on the opposite side of London from where you need to be at 6.45pm. Pretty sure I could give Anneka Rice a run for her money.
– Achieving award ceremony ready hair and makeup… on the plane.
– Completely forgetting where my seat was as soon as I had received the award. Not just for a moment. For long enough that people started pointing at the all at once obvious void that was, yes, my empty seat.
– Not being able to fit everything in my case – award vs macarons (ok, not that awkward).
– Scottish money in London.
– Choosing perhaps the only art exhibition in history with not only no cloakroom but also cobbled streets between many, many tiny rooms each housing only one painting. Pretty much a heavy trolley cases dream party ground.
– Convincing the husband that the stuffed owl I bought in Liberty is a fashionable ornament and not a toy I’m far too old to justify…