22 Oct

Dabble

Thankfifi- Dabble-3

Painting can be calming for the soul and now and again it’s nice to find a couple of hours to have a little play around with colour – of course art comes with its own frustrations (why does MrK look so darn grumpy?!  Maybe because I took the expression from a blog image – a ‘MrK on the beach’ image may have resulted in something else entirely…).

Do any of you guys paint?  I’d love to see.x

Thankfifi- Dabble-1

Posted in finds | 20 Comments, go on leave another

20 Comments

1. Mica Posted 22 Oct at 10:32 am

Such a beautiful painting! You are very talented 🙂

Away From The Blue

• Thankfifi Posted 22 Oct at 4:48 pm

A little out of practice but thank you.x

2. Lubna Posted 22 Oct at 11:32 am

I always love looking at other peoples’ artwork. You’re very talented, and I’d be honored if you took a look at my paintings as well, particular these two HERE and HERE. 🙂

• Thankfifi Posted 22 Oct at 4:49 pm

How wonderful – love that you illustrate your looks!

3. Ashlee Posted 22 Oct at 1:21 pm

I wish I had artistica talents, but I do not. My mom however paints as a hobby, and she’s really talented. She does a lot of replicas and I have an original creation in the entry way of my home.

• Ashlee Posted 22 Oct at 1:22 pm

artistic*

• Thankfifi Posted 22 Oct at 4:50 pm

I always think it’s so lovely to have a piece of art created by someone close to you

4. Dana Posted 22 Oct at 2:46 pm

This is excellent!

• Thankfifi Posted 22 Oct at 4:50 pm

Thank you!

5. Christy Posted 22 Oct at 3:57 pm

Great painting, I used to paint in water color & acrylic whenI was in school, but not anymore, hopefully I will have time for it soon. Have a great week.
    xoxo
    Christy

• Thankfifi Posted 22 Oct at 4:51 pm

I guess the great thing about watercolour is that it is so quick and also so tidy! It’s a new medium for me but hopefully I will get the hand of it soon… not so easy to set up an oil painting session in a spare half hour

6. Agnes W Posted 22 Oct at 5:40 pm

Great picture and lovely use of watercolours! I have always preferred acrylic, they are fun to use, you should give it a try sometime! If you’d like you can check some of my paintings/artwork here:
    http://infinitehouseofillusions.blogspot.ca/search/label/My%20Artwork Would love to know what you think 🙂

Have a great day, hope to see some more of your stuff soon!

• Thankfifi Posted 24 Oct at 12:27 am

It’s funny how different artists love different media – I hate acrylic and find it so difficult to work with! Love you Amy Winehouse.x

7. Yellow Rose Posted 22 Oct at 8:26 pm

You are an artist! I prefer watercolors and acrylics because I’m sensitive to oils/turpentine, etc. Although just maybe they have odorless thinners now-a-days! Also, watercolors and acrylics quickly dry, while oils can take days to completely dry. At least, that’s the way it was when I enrolled in several oil painting classes in the 80’s, which I wasn’t able to complete because of my allergies. “Anyway” (after all of my complaints), you are a very creative woman.

• Thankfifi Posted 24 Oct at 12:28 am

I used to have major issues with this at art school too – so sad. It’s fine now as I only have my oils out once or twice a week for my class. You can get water based oils now though, have you tried them? They’re good but not as good as the real thing.

8. Nikky Posted 22 Oct at 10:15 pm

LOVE this! He doesn’t look grumpy, just well travelled! Been a follower for ages, love your inspiration x

• Thankfifi Posted 24 Oct at 12:29 am

thanks so much Nikky, such a lovely comment to read.x

9. caroline Posted 23 Oct at 4:53 am

This is so great! My mom was a painter but unfortunately that talent wasn’t passed down to me…
    xo
    styleontheside.com

• Thankfifi Posted 24 Oct at 12:30 am

I think my mum would have been a wonderful painter, in fact she dreamt of being a fashion designer but was forced into languages and ended up being a teacher (which she also loved)

10. Fran Posted 25 Oct at 12:07 am

Hi love your blog! I came across it after my friend Georgia Wiseman posted about you. I also love that you are a fashion blogger based in Glasgow and quite near me by the looks of it (I reside in Finnieston). I’m a fashion illustrator please take a look at my work oh and I am in love with your dog he’s adorbs and a great fashion accessory!