leather jacket – Next
silk vest – River Island
demi boot jean – Gap
sandal – Autograph @ Marks & Spencer
scarf – Boden (gifted)
necklace – old (gifted)
leather belt – New Look
cuffs – Boden (gifted) & M&Co
bracelet – Warehouse
leather clutch – House of Fraser
That is the question. If you follow me on Twitter you’ll know that the other night a comment was left, by a man no less, on this post which got me to thinking – I’ve noticed that you don’t tend to do much of the ‘skinny jean’ look, particularly tucked into boots, is that a personal style choice or has the trend changed?
I don’t know that I’m entirely trend savvy enough to say whether the trend has changed but I sure still see a vast amount of girls wearing that look. Having said that I do feel the trend is changing or at least that there are a lot of other options coming to the fashion fore. I came to the conclusion that, although maxi skirts, mega flares, wide leg pants, etc. are great style choices, they’re not always practical for a UK winter. Soggy hems anyone? But while I sport skinnies in boots for my fair share of dog walks, it’s not a look I’ll choose to share with you every time. I don’t think it’s anything new or exciting for my readers and, likewise, it’s not new or exciting for me to wear.
So here’s what I wore out for the friend’s birthday drinks last Friday. A reworked version of my day look and, notably, not skinny. It appears I am enjoying cuffing everything of late – jean hems and sleeves alike. I like it. Am I on trend? I don’t know and I don’t care. I am influenced by trends and love fashion but interpret it in my own way.
You’ll have to excuse the husband’s photography today but at least they didn’t all turn out like this. These were shot at the end of the night when there was no light, it was cold and his model had enjoyed more than a couple of cocktails. She may have also taken her bangles off in order to remove her jacket and left them on the kerb. She may have forgotten all about them and perhaps when she went out to fetch them a little later there might have been a dog t*rd sitting next to them. Scoop that poop peeps, m’kay?!
This post was selected for IFB’s Links A La Mode weekly roundup which also includes
- Avalon: 3 Necklaces to Own and How to Style Them
- Blah Blah Becky: Instagram through the Day
- Coming Unstitched: Stylng the Oversized Sweater
- Elodie Bubble: The Best Shoes to Shine this Holiday Season
- Fashion Tales: DIY: Dying Lace
- Fashioned By Love: The Perfect Wardrobe According to YSL
- Haute Cocktail: Faux Fur this Winter
- Inexpensive Chic: 3 Ways to Wear the Sweater Dress
- La Vie a Mon Avis: Sequined Pants for Holiday Chic
- Miss Viki: Bringing vintage into your closet
- Oranges and Apples: DIY Scarf Top
- Ruby Slipper Journeys: Lessons Learned from Personal Style Blogging
- Simply Frabulous: Infuse Stars into Your Wardrobe this Winter
- Style. Love. Repeat.: 5 Minute Glam for the Holidays
- Sugar and Chiffon: DIY: The Daytime Smoky Eye
- Sugar and Spice: Dressing for Winter Party Weather
- Thank FiFi: The Great Skinny Jean Debate
- What2WearWhere: LBLD: The Little Black Leather Dress
- The Chic Sheet: Python Obsession
- WIT & Whimsy: Gift Guide: For the Hostess
You already know I love Shopbop – here’s why!