shirt – H&M (you know, the one I bought for work)
vest – www.mangooutlet.com
maxi skirt – www.ebay.co.uk
boots – Clarks
locket necklace – vintage
leather bag – Autograph @ Marks & Spencer
leather lead – vintage Oakberry
coat – model’s own
Keep reading that midi is the new maxi? Thinking that’s awesome if you have enough moolah to invest in key season pieces every 3 months? Yeah, me too. Turns out a hair bobble knot can bring me right on trend. So it made me walk at a definite leisurely pace but there was cake at the end.
Now, usually I feel pretty much like this guy but on the odd occasion, like when wearing grey, I feel silver works better so I chose this floral engraved locket that I poached from my Mum years ago. I noticed it was empty and was disappointed (how sweet would it have been to find some family from generations past locked in there) but maybe I should put some of my own photos in.
Been pretty knackered this past week what with so many things going on and this was the perfect relaxed ensemble for a coffee stop at Piece on Saturday late afternoon. Mr K must’ve been feeling lazy too (when is he not?) and kipped out on the pavement. I wasn’t the only one taking photos of him either. I had an iced decaf mocha and a flourless chocolate cake – both were ah-maze-ing and picked me right up in time for an insanely busy shift on Sat night.
This post was selected for IFB’s Links A La Mode weekly roundup which also includes
- Beautify My Life: Leopard is the New Neutral
- Best of Bklyn: 5 Ladylike Bags for Fall
- Blah Blah Becky: Doing 60s Chic
- Designed by Ann: DIY Damask Stamp Tee
- Dramatis Personae: 10 Things Lady Gaga Taught Me About Style
- Dress Code: High Fashion: Roberto Cavalli Fall 2011
- Emily Divine: How to Cosmic Galaxy Nails
- Everything Just So: Turning Gold, Green
- Fashables: Pants that Pop
- Inexpensive Chic: Mixing Lengths
- Le Pire est Passe: Rachel Zoe’s Debut Collection
- Notes from a Stylist: Bamboo in Fashion
- Small Town, Big Wardrobe: The Challenges of Shopping in a Small Town
- Sugar Coated Style: Lots of High Style with High Slits
- The Chic Sheet: Hardly Ever Wore It
- The Styling Dutchman: Pin Curl Tutorials
- Thank FiFi: Maxi to Midi
- This Girl’s Vintage: Balmain: Past & Present
- The Style Shift: Styling the Calvin Klein Shift
- WIT & Whimsy: Why You Should Pinterest
Fashions Night Out at Shopbop: Chaser Tees, Vince, Tbags LA, Freecity, Obakki, Maison Scotch, Aiko, So Low, Joie, Siwy, Wilt tees, Cut 25, & UGGs.
LOVE the Jelly Piece song!!! Classic!! x
What a cute skirt! I think I like the doggie even more though… so fluffy and cute.
Don’t forget to enter my Coach purse giveaway! http://stylocrat.blogspot.com/2011/08/100th-post-vintage-coach-purse-giveaway.html
I’m in love with your skirt and the dog / wolf 🙂
wow that dog is beautiful! and i love that skirt
Mr K is appreciating all this state side love – he says – keep it coming!
I love this outfit, and what about the dog? He/she is sooo cute!!!
I love the top knot and bottom knot — really tying up loose ends!
That’s truly a looovely outfit… *-* So casual and chic, yet somehow elegant at the same time.
I never saw this outfit before, but I love it 🙂 great minds.. huh?