turin dress – Reiss c/o Asos Fashionfinder (last worn here)
leather top – H&M
waxed pant – Mango (last worn here)
shoe – Mango (last worn here)
sunglasses – Marks & Spencer
bracelet – H&M (one of a set, current but not online)
flowerstud bracelet – Rebecca Minkoff via ShopBop
watch – Calvin Klein (gifted)
horsehair clutch – Autograph @ Marks & Spencer
Well, if it’s good enough for Princess Kate, it’s good enough for me. Maybe we can be BFF now (best friends forever, duh)? Or, you know, she can just carry on being fabulously royal and I can just carry on… being me.
I was pretty chuffed with myself (not like ‘I married the Prince’ chuffed, but quite pleased with myself) when I discovered that this Reiss dress was thin enough to be knotted up into a top. What’s more, I found that when worn over my new peplum top, it transformed said leather top into something almost palace appropriate. Ok, ok, work appropriate.
After work, I took my proper lady look off to The Glasgow School Of Art fashion show last night where we really did feel like royalty – hello front row VIP seat, could get used to you my friend. I’ll show you some of the pics tomorrow!
P.S. Remember when I got this top? If you know me a little by now, you would’ve known I wouldn’t wait long to wear it!
This post was selected as one of IFB’s top 20 posts of the week and the information following relates to this – thanks IFB!
THE FIRST OF SPRING
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: MARCH 21ST
- My Fashion Wishlist: Believe It Or Not: Trendy Backpacks
- Just Pandippo: Spring Closet Cleaning Challenges
- The Sequined Blazer: What to Wear: Transitioning to Spring
- Real Girl Glam: How to Wear a BOLD Lip (Even if you’re not a lipstick person)
- Fashion Tales: DIY: Camouflage Jeans
- Show Me Chic: Summer Dress in Spring!
- Thankfifi: Princess Peplum (and florals!)
- The Forgetful Wife: Mad Men, Mad Week: Betty, Peggy, & Joan 2012
- Leilah’s Lipstick: One LBD, 6 Different Ways
- Sequined Sprinkles: 3 Favorite Things: Chambray Shirt, White Jeans, & Loafers
- Gypsy Luster: Rock the Red (Lipstick) for Women’s History Month
- A Lacey Perspective: Date Night: Black Leather Shorts & Floral Blazer
- Sweet Escape: Trend: Asymmetrical Hi-Low Skirt
- Simply Frabulous: It’s Spring, Time to Blossom
- Aspiring New Moms: Navy & Neon
- Effortless Cool: A Lesson in Pastels
- The Fashion Firecracker: Colorblocking in the Sun
- Tobruck Ave: Print Mixing on the Beach
- Notes from a Stylist: How to Spring Clean Your Closet
- Incognito: Classic Books Become Couture Clutches