– Attending the House Beautiful awards and bringing home the gold for bluebellgray – such a proud moment.
– Christmas decorations on Carnaby Street.
– The shoppers amusement park that is Liberty.
– Creating a wishlist of all the gorgeous jewellery at Monica Vinader and coming home with a gorgeous engraved Thankfifi bracelet. Surely I should own more? They were made for stacking after all…
– Catching up with my gorgeous blogger friend MB of The Elgin Avenue and her sweet sister.
– Crossing a visit to Somerset House off my bucket list. I hope to return of course and also hope to see some fashion shows or at least get to skate that gorgeous rink with the husband, how romantic.
– Indulging the artist in me with a look round the dark and enchanting Paul Benney exhition.
– Checking in online in enough time to discover my flight home was not from the airport I thought.
– British Airways. 23kg shoe allowance, a complimentary g&t and 2 handbags thank you very much.
– Finishing work at 3pm and catching a flight at 4.10pm which lands at 5.30pm on the opposite side of London from where you need to be at 6.45pm. Pretty sure I could give Anneka Rice a run for her money.
– Achieving award ceremony ready hair and makeup… on the plane.
– Completely forgetting where my seat was as soon as I had received the award. Not just for a moment. For long enough that people started pointing at the all at once obvious void that was, yes, my empty seat.
– Not being able to fit everything in my case – award vs macarons (ok, not that awkward).
– Scottish money in London.
– Choosing perhaps the only art exhibition in history with not only no cloakroom but also cobbled streets between many, many tiny rooms each housing only one painting. Pretty much a heavy trolley cases dream party ground.
– Convincing the husband that the stuffed owl I bought in Liberty is a fashionable ornament and not a toy I’m far too old to justify…
P.S. Not had enough? I had so many more shots to share with you, especially of the beautiful Monica Vinader collection, that I put them in a Facebook album which you can see here.
Gorgeous photos….looks like a fabulous night out..those night wipe everything else away and you just get lost..love those night!
me too – it was a complete whirlwind but wonderful
i loved reading this post! made me smile 🙂
aw, so glad you enjoyed it!
Doll I love the awesome awkward break down. Too funny! The Scottish money in London had me cracking up and I can’t believe your flights and airports were so confusing. That sucks! But at least you were able to find out beforehand. These photos are amazing honey! What a great event!
It’s so strange – it’s all sterling so scottish money is completely legal in england but certainly not appreciated!
ooh I know – I hope Santa is reading 😉
very cute necklaces.
I think so too – love the golden irregular pendant shapes
all awesome – beautiful pics and congrats!
thank you so much – the award has pride of place in the Glasgow studio now after being dragged round London all day!
Adore this post! Great list! And the photos are lovely!
thanks so much nancy
Awwww! Makes me so nostalgic for London 2003!!! Looks like you had a fab, if mental, time!!! Exhibition looks fab. Looking foward to seeing that bracelet in person! x
definitely – would love to do that 2003 trip all over again 🙂
We should go next year 2013! Ten year anniversary! x
If I’m still here – IT’S ON
It’s a date : ) x
Great pictures,looks like a lot of fun.
It was fun, crazy, but fun!
Looks like a very memorable night. 🙂
beautiful photos!!!! And fun too! 😀
thanks Hallie 🙂
You’re all awesome to me and that’s what matters! 🙂